General opinion on N++

:: N++ :: General

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General opinion on N++

Post by Nahoj on 29/7/2015, 06:40

Express your opinions!
What do you think of N++ so far, and what's the most fun thing in the game in your opinion? And also, what could be better?

Nahoj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General opinion on N++

Post by Krondelo on 29/7/2015, 08:44

Hello, N++ is great and definitely a definitive version of the game. The best thing actually may just be the smoothness now running at 60fps the game feels great. The new enemies are a nice touch too and add to the variety.

One thing though, my data was somehow corrupt when I got back on today after 4 hours of progress. Back to square one, literally.

Krondelo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj on 29/7/2015, 09:48

Krondelo wrote:Hello, N++ is great and definitely a definitive version of the game. The best thing actually may just be the smoothness now running at 60fps the game feels great. The new enemies are a nice touch too and add to the variety.

One thing though, my data was somehow corrupt when I got back on today after 4 hours of progress. Back to square one, literally.

Loving the game aswell, gonna be spending lots of hours on it over the coming months/years. It's so smooth compared to the other N's.
However, my data was also corrupt this morning, I had beaten alot of episodes already.. hope this will get fixed soon.

Nahoj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Krondelo on 29/7/2015, 15:02

Okay thanks Nahoj, not to sound mean but I'm glad I wasn't alone makes me feel a bit better. Besides I blasted through all those levels now as I had much practice.

Krondelo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JJKilla33 on 31/7/2015, 01:55

I love this game the only thing I would add is an over ally story leaderboard to see while the top ninja is across all episodes and OBVIOUSLY multiplayer online I literally can't believe that they didn't add online how the hell else am I supposed to finish the coop missions which are the best part of the game?! If anyone wants to try share play just add me

JJKilla33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairy Cabbage on 2/8/2015, 02:27

I'm also really enjoying the game so far but I have to be brutally honest and say I'm REALLY disappointed that there was no online MP. it was possibly my most used game mode on the 360 version of N+ and i feel lost without it.

Honestly on the build up to this game the thought of there being no online game modes didn't even cross my mind. it was basically a given as far as i was concerned.... how wrong I was...

Also the lack of global (overall) leaderboards baffles me... thankfully it sounds like they will be adding them in the future though which will be nice.

Hairy Cabbage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj on 2/8/2015, 08:10

Hairy Cabbage wrote:
Also the lack of global (overall) leaderboards baffles me... thankfully it sounds like they will be adding them in the future though which will be nice.

Overall leaderboards? As in a total score for all levels combined?

Nahoj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dots-fen on 2/8/2015, 09:59

what's up

old skooler here, been playing since '04-'05

what can be said? there are some things i wish to address (i sent an email to m&r too)

- editor's missing a grid when in tiles mode, i can't find quickly the center or other focal points Sad
- a cool thing would be make an online editor really simplified to use with pc, because building with a joystick is really a pain in the a$$
- i love that they kept all the tricks from N
- right now, i really don't like the browser. levels get lost between tons of crap (no offense, but most of the levels are empty rooms with 100 rockets). wish there was some sort of tag system or a rate/something else. i miss numa D:

well, im enjoying every minute of rage this game induced me. can't wait to see what m&r has in store for us

ps: bought a ps4 only for this Wink

edit---- i honestly don't understand why people is bothered with no online. i'm happy there's no online, means more stable single player. the game is SMOOTH as fuk! so clean, lol. also, the core of n has always been highscore and huge number of episodes: n++ has both bounce

dots-fen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dots-fen on 2/8/2015, 10:15

oh yeah forgot to add: CUSTOM EPISODES!

dots-fen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by khaled 13 on 7/8/2015, 01:43

Love the game
definitely the best version of N
Its so smooth and fun to play , sure the game feel easier controller wise but that actually make it more enjoyable .

Now what i don't like about this game so far is that there are so many backtracking levels .
and these hidden challenges kinda effect the speedrun flow .
don't get me wrong i love doing these challenges and i think its amazing how every level was designed with that in mind but i really think it hurts the enjoyment of a speedrun , some levels just seems messy to speedrun .

khaled 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj on 7/8/2015, 10:06

khaled 13 wrote:
Now what i don't like about this game so far is that there are so many backtracking levels .
and these hidden challenges kinda effect the speedrun flow .
don't get me wrong i love doing these challenges and i think its amazing how every level was designed with that in mind but i really think it hurts the enjoyment of a speedrun , some levels just seems messy to speedrun .  

True words.
Especially the huge clumps of gold seem to be a way more common thing in N++. Which is absolutely terrible for speedrunning.

I am planning on recreating every built-in map and publishing them without any gold in them.
- Unless Metanet decides to give us a mode for that.

Haven't made an exact plan yet but it's definitely something I think of doing.

Nahoj

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dots-fen on 7/8/2015, 15:22

@Nahoj: what would be cool is to have lots of the hardest levels in 1.4 in N++

trumscrulescent (or something like that)
59-4 n ervous breakdown (can't believe this didn't make it in legacy?)
the motherlode (just for the sake)
etc.

dots-fen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairy Cabbage on 7/8/2015, 21:13

dots-fen wrote:edit---- i honestly don't understand why people is bothered with no online. i'm happy there's no online, means more stable single player. the game is SMOOTH as fuk! so clean, lol. also, the core of n has always been highscore and huge number of episodes: n++ has both bounce

As someone who was introduced to N on N+, its a fairly big deal. I did play the original N game back in my school days but never seriously and certainly not enough to call myself a veteran. I started playing N+ when it released on 360 and my main game type was online. I wasn't a huge speedrunner back then and while I really enjoy speedrunning in N++, I miss the ability to just jump into random coop games with people.

Hairy Cabbage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top